Mrs. Evelyn Griffin Shelton, 75, of Linden passed away Monday November 23, 2020 at her home. She was born in Perry County to the late Leonard Griffin and Madie Erma Turner Griffin. She was retired from Bates, LLC, had worked for Washington Manufacturing Co. and Perry County Nursing Home. She loved cooking and watching her daughter, grandchildren and great-grandchildren playing sports. In addition to her parents she is also preceded in death by her sister Lorene Griffin.
Survivors include her husband Kenneth Shelton, a daughter Tonya (Bryan) Tinin of Linden, grandchildren Devin (Becca) Wood and Sierra Tinin, great-grandchildren Griffin and Lily Wood and a host of other loving family members and many, many friends.
While visiting or attending services for Mrs. Evelyn Shelton, please consider the following guidelines:
* The family has requested while you are visiting to please wear a mask.
* Maintain 6 feet between yourself and the next closest person;
* Refrain from hugs and handshakes;
* When you sneeze or cough, use your elbow to cover your nose and mouth;
* Wash your hands often;
* Avoid touching your face; and
* Minimize time spent in places where people gather.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and consideration.
Under CDC guidance NO OUTSIDE FOOD may be brought to the funeral home.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Evelyn Griffin Shelton, please visit our floral store.