Ms. Helen Marie Hickerson Grimes, 84, of Linden passed away Sunday November 8, 2020 at Perry County Nursing Home. She was born in Linden to the late Joseph Wesley Hickerson and Johnnie Willie Maie Hinson Hickerson. She was owner/operator of Linden Dry Cleaners for many years before retiring. She was a member of the Linden Church of Christ. Marie loved going camping, fishing and hunting for arrowheads. She just enjoyed life and her family. In addition to her parents she is also preceded in death by her husband Robert Earl Grimes and a brother Johnny Ray Hickerson.
Survivors include her daughters Brenda (Paul) Nance of Williamsport and Melissa McGee of Linden, grandchildren Jeremy Marvin, Joshua Nance, Cody (Noelle) McGee and Brayden McGee, great-grandchildren Greer and Gera-Lea McGee, a brother Benton Hickerson of Lobelville and a host of other loving family members and many friends.
While visiting or attending services for Ms. Marie Grimes, please consider the following guidelines:
* The family has requested while you are visiting to please wear a mask.
* Maintain 6 feet between yourself and the next closest person;
* Refrain from hugs and handshakes;
* When you sneeze or cough, use your elbow to cover your nose and mouth;
* Wash your hands often;
* Avoid touching your face; and
* Minimize time spent in places where people gather.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and consideration.
Under CDC guidance NO OUTSIDE FOOD may be brought to the funeral home.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Helen Marie Hickerson Grimes, please visit our floral store.