Mrs. Mary Jo Horner Mackin, 85, of Linden passed away Thursday November 12, 2020 at Maury Regional Hospital. She was born in Perry County to the late Ruby Cecil Horner and Ann Jane Coleman Horner. She was a retired Supervisor from HIS Corporation in Hohenwald. She loved sewing, collecting dolls and her family. She was a member of the Linden United Methodist Church. In addition to her parents she is also preceded in death by her son Barry Mackin, sisters Ida Churchwell, Pearl Hicks, Beatrice Bates, Virginia Parnell and Jewel Murdock and an infant brother Ruby Cecil Horner, Jr.
Survivors include her husband J.D. Mackin, a son Larry (Gail) Mackin of Arizona, grandchildren Minon (Steven) Maier of Arizona, great-grandchildren Talon and Easton Maier and a host of other loving family members and many friends.
While visiting or attending services for Mrs. Mary Jo Mackin , please consider the following guidelines:
* The family has requested while you are visiting to please wear a mask.
* Maintain 6 feet between yourself and the next closest person;
* Refrain from hugs and handshakes;
* When you sneeze or cough, use your elbow to cover your nose and mouth;
* Wash your hands often;
* Avoid touching your face; and
* Minimize time spent in places where people gather.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness and consideration.
Under CDC guidance NO OUTSIDE FOOD may be brought to the funeral home.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Mary Jo Horner Mackin, please visit our floral store.